Monday, January 11, 2010

Sugar Coated Pecans

I know the holidays are over and I should stop baking sweets.  But, I am going to Bunco tonight and need to bring an appetizer or dessert.  So, I wanted to make something where I had all the ingredients.  And, these just looked super easy.  Hopefully they won't be so good I eat them all on the car ride to Bunco!

1 egg white                                                    
1 cup brown sugar                                              
1 tablespoon flour                                             
1/8 teaspoon salt                                              
1 teaspoon vanilla extract                                    
2 1/2 cups pecans                                              

Beat egg white until foamy.

Slowly beat in the brown sugar mixed with flour.

Add salt and vanilla flavoring, then fold in pecans.

Transfer pecans to a greased baking pan and bake at 250° for about 45 minutes.

Nancy's Take: Well, I didn't eat the whole bag on the way to my party.  But, I did sneak a few.  They were yummy, but not exactly what I was looking for.  I'll try another recipe to see if that is a perfect match!  But, since the new year is here I might not be trying it for a while...........

Dave's TakeI don't think I really like pecans so I don't think I really went into this with an open mind.  It's not that pecans taste bad, I wonder if it's because I think they are ugly looking.  In any event, I guess these were ok, but I don't think I would reach into a bowl and pick them out to eat them at a party.





No comments:

Post a Comment