Monday, June 7, 2010

Red Quinoa with Grilled Summer Veggies

Quinoa has also scared me for a while.  Could not even think of trying it.  Not even sure why - it was different.  But, I've been adventerous lately...................

1 small zucchini
1 orange pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup quinoa (I used 2 cups water, 1 cup quinoa)
Salt and pepper
4 ears of corn

1.Chop 1 zucchini, 1 orange pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 onion and minced garlic and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.I added the corn to the basket - but some will fall out.  But, I liked the flavor of it grilled.

2. Grill in a vegetable grill basket.

3. Cook quinoa according to instructions on the package.

4. Combine cooked quinoa with grilled summer vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add some fresh chopped parsley or basil from the garden if you have it!

Dave's Take:  Awesome.  Never had it before and did not know what it was, but really good.

Nancy's Take:  Loved the grilled veggies!  Making again this week - a total keeper!!  I've missed out on so much..................

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I love quinoa - kudos to you for giving it a go! I often make a salad with quinoa for the next day's lunch - it's good cold with veggies in it, or walnuts and cranberries and chicken...so nutty. I'll definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete