Monday, March 8, 2010

Arroz con Pollo

If you don't speak Spanish, you might not know today I made Rice with Chicken - or I would say Chicken with Rice.  The recipe is from a friend that is from Cuba - so she knows how to make this kind of thing!  I've tried hers and don't really know if mine was the same, but I seem to be getting ahead of myself.................

Nancy's Take:  I liked it.  I wanted more.  I used self restraint.  I think it would also be good if you added artichokes and maybe even some other veggies.  I might also use a  but more spice.  I do better when the recipe tells me how much to use - none of this pepper, oregano business - how much??  Next time, I'd add more - and probably use a rotisserie chicken - that would save time.  I used thighs tonight.

Dave's Take:  This was a dish I first got to try around Christmas.  When I had this for dinner I remembered that I didn't really like it then either.  I've been sort of a stick in the mud about these new recipes lately, but just being honest.  I think one thing that could make it better is to use white meat chicken instead of the thighs.

I (Nancy) want to label this a good - or maybe an okay.  Dave wants it labeled a yuck.  He's a yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment